Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 11: Research

Tonight I didn't do a whole lot during the meeting. I did a little bit of research on Banebots motors and helped our lead mentor, Rich, order some of our parts.

Once again the team split up into four subteams: software, mechanical, design, and chairman's. I didn't really check on software but they were working on getting the camera mounted so it could move during target tracking. The mechanical team worked on shooter prototype 2 and I am really convinced that they are going about the prototyping wrong and they over reacted to some of the failures of the 1st prototype without actually looking in depth at what was wrong with it. Hopefully when they get the new prototype working they will see what needs to be done to make it effective. The design group continued to work on the last 20% of the cad and would ask me for advice from time to time. I wasn't in much of a cading mood so I let them do the work for a change. Finally we had one student working on chairman's tonight. He was just working on laying out what we had before working with a couple of other students to write the essay.

We got a lot of good work accomplished tonight and hopefully if we keep this up we will be able to finish the robot in 4 to 4 and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment