Monday, September 3, 2012

Update

I haven't posted in a while and since its Labor Day and I have the day off I figured I'd give an update on whats going on.

For starters I'm not taking any classes this semester because I'm on a CO-OP. I'm working at Danaher Controls in Elizabethtown, NC as a Manufacturing Engineering CO-OP. I've been there for two week now and it is defiantly an interesting experience. So far it has been a good and I've learned a lot about real-world engineering. My FIRST experience has definitely come into play at work. Our business is based on customer orders and for that reason is pretty fast-paced. Having been in FRC for six years helps me to work quickly and not get flustered by the pace.

Speaking of FIRST, I know that the new season isn't for four month but this year I will not be mentoring any teams and focusing my time on class and volunteering at a number of FRC events. I've already been to IRI this summer with 744 Shark Attack, and this fall I will once again be reffing SCRIW.

As for this blog, I'm still working on what I'm going to do with it. For this fall I think I'm going to bring back This Week in Fantasy, where I discuss league scores from the past weekend of fantasy football and look forward to the next weekend of games. I did it for a week or two last year but got too busy during the week the continue doing it. Since I'm working this year I should have time to do it every week.

If anyone out there has any suggestions for blog post feel free to suggest them.

No comments:

Post a Comment